The process for selecting scholarship recipients is as follows:
1. The Board estimates in the spring the total amount which will have been generated and available for the coming fall.
2. The Board selects the Scholarship Committee from graduates and friends of PBMAH.
3. The Board provides written criteria for student of PBMAH
"Scholarship qualification is determined, through interaction between the PBMAH representatives, according to the following factors: intelligence as shown by ability to master school courses and by good character, community service and ambition. Economic need; and other factors as may be formally stipulated by the Board from time to time."
4. All deserving students who meet the criteria are encourage to apply for PBMAH scholarships.
5. The Scholarship Committee meets with the student candidates and subsequently recommends the scholarship awards to be made.
6. The Board works with the Scholarship Committee to finalize the decision, and presents the scholarship(s) to the appropriate student(s) at the Annual Scholarship Award Gala.
7. On official notification that the student(s) has (have) enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education, PBMAH provides the designated amount(s) directly to the institution.
8.PBMAH tracks and evaluates regularly the scholastic progress of scholarship recipients, with proof of enrollment and satisfactory progress required for possible scholarship renewals.